Welcome back! Our Portland fabric shop experts are here with more great tips that can help you with your sewing skills, no matter how long you've been working at it! Missed our previous blog? Visit back there for more information and tips!
Sewing Tips | Portland Fabric Shop
- Be sure to use a quality interfacing. When that is inexpensive can sometimes be detrimental to your project.
- Clean the bed of the sewing machine each time you use it with rubbing alcohol or something similar. This will help with color bleeding on later fabrics.
- Consider keeping a spare sewing machine on hand, even if it's one that is an expensive or from a thrift store. You never know when something might happen to your regular sewing machine.
- Each time you finish working within your sewing station, be sure to clean the area well.
- For fabric that could be troublesome after the first wash, be sure to preshrink it so that you won't have any issues after the garment is made.
- I don't have a dedicated sewing space, consider getting one set up with in your home soon. Having a craft station is a great way to keep yourself motivated and ready to work on projects. Plus, it's great to keep everything together in one place.
- Keep your sewing area clean and organized. It's easier to work in and you'll never get discouraged because of an organized so notions and fabric.
- Learn from your mistakes. It's easy to get frustrated, but be sure to remember that mistakes are a great way to learn.
- Make sure your projects are something exciting and fun. If you don't love what you're doing, you're less likely to finish it.
- Press fabric and projects as you go instead of waiting until the end.
- So that you don't get burned out, take a break in between projects. Don't overdo it and try to space projects out so that you're always excited and ready to work.
- Start all projects with a brand new, fresh sewing needle.
To learn more, stop back by soon. Our Portland fabric shop will have even more tips for those hoping to better their sewing skills!
We understand how busy life can be. That’s why we offer you a way to bring your visions for our fabric to life, without having to take time out of your day to do so! We are excited to continue to offer you the following:
- Creative trim
- Distinctive ribbons
- French laces
- Inspiring knits
- Italian wools
- Japanese denim
- Best fabric in Portland
- Scrumptious silks
- The world’s finest linens
- Unique buttons
You’ll fall in love with the materials our Portland fabric shop has readily available for you! To find out more about our prices and production schedule, be sure to call soon!
Contact us if you have any questions about the finest fabrics and accessories that we also offer. We strive to inspire your creativity with the highest quality fabrics available.