If you love sewing as much as we do, you'll enjoy the following quotes from famous people and unknown authors as much as we do! Combined with our love of Liberty of London Fabric, sewing is a great passion that soothes the soul.
Sewing Quotes | Liberty of London Fabric
- The best thing about doing needlepoint for very small children is that they are so uncritical. The don't say things like, "I see you've missed some stitches over here on the leg, was that intentional?" or "Was this creature blinded in a fight?" They will clasp it in their little arms and love it besottedly, inseparably as the thing becomes more and more rancid. - Carole Berman and Jennifer Lazarus
- The days pass quickly when I am sewing.
- The innocent sleep,
- The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary. - Mary Kurtz
- The priest was on a roll: "Each person you meet is worthy of your compassion!" he prayed loudly. "Sheep, too," the knitter mentally added. - Dr. SunWolf, professorsunwolf.com
- The sewing machine joins what the scissors have cut asunder, plus whatever else comes in its path. - Mason Cooley
- There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. - Elizabeth Zimmerman
- Those who sleep under a quilt, sleep under a blanket of love. - Author Unknown
- 'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
- Useful and ornamental needlework, knitting, and netting are capable of being made, not only sources of personal gratification, but of high moral benefit, and the means of developing in surpassing loveliness and grace, some of the highest and noblest feelings of the soul. - Author unknown, from The Ladies' Work Table Book, 1845
- Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around. - Author Unknown
- Wanted: a needle swift enough to sew this poem into a blanket. - Charles Simic
- When I learned to sew, I forgot how to cook. - Author Unknown
- When life throws you scraps, make a quilt. - Author Unknown
- Woman has relied heretofore too entirely for her support on the needle - that one-eyed demon of destruction that slays thousands annually; that evil genius of our sex, which, in spite of all our devotion, will never make us healthy, wealthy, or wise. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- Women like to sit down with trouble - as if it were knitting. - Ellen Glasgow
If you loved these quotes, be sure to visit back soon, as we will feature more quotes from famous people about sewing!
Liberty of London Fabric | Fabric Stores in Portland OR
In addition to providing you with the finest fabrics and accessories, we also offer couture clothing services for those that aren’t able to create garments. We understand how busy life can be. That’s why we offer you a way to bring your visions for our fabrics to life, without having to take time out of your day to do so! We are excited to continue to offer you the following:
- Liberty of London Fabric (cotton lawns & poplins, silks, jerseys, wools & twills)
- Creative trim
- Distinctive ribbons
- French laces
- Inspiring knits
- Italian wools
- Japanese denim
- Luxurious fabric blends
- Scrumptious silks
- The world’s finest linens
- Unique buttons
You’ll fall in love with the fabrics we have readily available for you! We strive to inspire your creativity with the highest quality fabrics available. To find out more about our prices and production schedule, be sure to call soon!
Visit the links below for more blogs in this series: